Thursday, January 19, 2012

My first panel

Last night I had the honor of serving on my very first panel on Primary Care Innovation at Harvard Medical School.  Arranged by the Center for Primary Care @ HMS and Primary Care Progress, I had the pleasure of sitting with luminaries Soma Stout, Asaf Bitton and David Judge and share our work in Primary Care innovation with a group of enthusiastic medical students.  There apparently was a video, and I proposed to the others that we take our show on the road.

One of the questions that came up was how to square ideologic differences between each of us with our work in primary care.  We were asked which was more important, maximum equity, maximum efficiency, etc.  I think we all chuckled as we recognize that right now all we have is maximum waste!  I actual look forward to a future when all of us working hard to reinvent primary care and all health care can bicker as old men and women about the exact ideal direction to go.  Until then, we keep solving one problem at a time, moving forward.

To the students out there who are interested, we at Iora Health are looking for a medical student to join us for (at least) the summer, and perhaps a resident intermittently throughout the year to help with some of our exciting work.  If you are interested, please e-mail me.

No comments: