Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Journal from the road (train)

My residency has kindly granted me a few weeks time dedicated to my Area of Concentration (AOC), usually time to do research or another scholarly pursuit. As usual, my interests are a bit different than everyone else, and so I have been using this time to travel and learn from a physician-entrepreneur in the world of primary care redesign. We have met with venture capitalists, union leadership, large corporations and we are currently on the way to meet with a health plan (hence the train). All of it is fascinating.

A recurring theme of all of these meetings is that health care is a big problem, redesigning primary care is the start of the solution, and there is now interest in being a first mover.

More from the road!

No comments: